This week is Living Wage Week 2021!
The University are proud to celebrate #LivingWageWeek as a Living Wage UK accredited employer, doing the right thing by our employees by paying a real Living Wage.
Living Wage Week is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Living Wage movement. Below is a timeline of the key events of the movement from 2001 to 2021.
- 2001: Working people need a pay rise to earn a wage they can live on
- 2002: They campaign together to raise awareness of the problem
- 2004: Following the campaign the first UK business pays the Living Wage
- 2012: The London Olympics employs its staff at the Living Wage
- 2014: The success of the Living Wage movement spreads nationally
- 2021: Over 8000 UK businesses accredit, with over £1.5 billion going back into the pockets of low-paid workers
Other employers can sign up to be a Living Wage employer too...
SIGN UP TO BE A LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER